WELCOME TO THE WILSON CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
– HOME OF THE LAKEMEN AND LAKEWOMEN!
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Tim Carter and I feel tremendously blessed to be the Superintendent of Wilson Central School District. I am really looking forward to this year and developing relationships with students, parents, staff and community members of Wilson Central Schools.As I begin my first year as the Superintendent of Wilson, I start my 28th year in education. Previously, for four years, I was a pre-school and Kindergarten teacher with a private agency in the Town of Tonawanda. Then, for 12 years, I taught 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade and 6th Grade at School #81 in the city of Buffalo. For one year I was the Assistant Principal of Buffalo Public School 28 (Triangle Academy) Grades 5-8. I was a coordinator of staff development at Erie I BOCES. Then, in the Niagara Wheatfield School District, I was an assistant principal for two years at West Street and I was the Principal at Colonial Village for five years. I have been the Principal of Niagara Wheatfield High School for the last five years. Throughout my career, I have experience in elementary school, middle school and high school with time spent in urban, suburban and rural settings. I look forward to bringing my wealth of experiences to Wilson Central Schools in an effort to support students and teachers in creating a true community atmosphere.
As the Superintendent of Wilson Central School District, I believe in educating the whole student. What I mean by this is my commitment to nurturing each individual student’s talents along with focusing on what I call the “4 Pillars” of becoming a successful and productive student. The 4 Pillars are:
1. Academic Success – All students doing their best at school.
2. Respect – Showing regard for yourself, peers, adults and your country.
3. Responsibility – Knowing what is expected of you and then doing it.
4. Empathy – the ability to understand one another’s feelings and beliefs.Communication is the key to a successful school year. Feel free to stop by my office or pick up the phone (716)751-9341, Extension 120, at any time to talk about anything I can help you with.
I am very excited about being a part of the Wilson School community and am focused on helping all of our students succeed and meet high academic standards in the classroom.